Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 8→ Wooden Bench






i had a quite a full day, kind of. woke up before the 7am alarm went off, shot two
photos of 730am sky with the cheapest Canon digital camera available in
market, outcome was quite good however, to me at least. then i jumped
into the (his mother's cold) ubc pool at 740am. made to the first class on time, something
i wasn't able to accomplish for quite a while. but i fell asleep throughtout.
took off from school to get a haircut at 10th ave. ABC photolab at 4th ave. after
getting of from Sasamat stop, on the way to the barber's i finished a new roll of
24-exposure film. saw a warm and cozy looking restaurent called Burgoo, shot
some pictures at a leaf on its outdoor patio table, plants from its neibouring garden store,
the wooden 扛棒 of a veterinary clinic couple stores down.....etc. dropped off a
slide film and at the time an out-of-no-where thought hit me, i asked the lab to
make a negative film of some beautifully saturated red leaves fallen on the black
mud that i posted a few days ago here into an 8x11 enlarged photo. looking forward
to pick it up next week. will mount it onto a styrofoam board, hang it on a nice spot
in my room. i want to listen to jazz and look at this photography from my sofa when
i get drunk next time. ate a strawberry sundae in McDonald, together with a big Mac
meal at 3:30pm. l came to the 4pm tutorial ten minutes late, extremely under prepared.
however i felt i definitely had to loosen up myself before entering the room with nothing
prepared, so i took a piss in the buidling's toilet. but somehow, i forget how,
miraculously i managed to make the entire class of about 80 students to paid
attention at me and laughed for the first time. i actually get the feeling that they were really
interest in what i said and didn't notice that i didn't really understand the
material myself. perhaps my randomly improvised crap was better than the real stuff the
instructor gave me. it was almost entirely dark when i walked out the building at 5:25pm,
but the agronomy road under the deep blue sky and warmly lit street lights was
too gorgeous, i put the slr on the pavement and groveled my entire frontal body
against the pavement floor with two legs tied straightened so that my eyes can
get down to the height of the viewfinder. as i was down on the pavement
manuevering my face in an attempt to put my eyes on the viewfinder window, two
grey hair old men walked by and smiled. came home and finally got the intel-
funded research project that i was assigned to started, supposingly the most important piece
of work in my two years here, which really should have been started off a month ago.


and till now, i still haven't showered or ate.


















quite a full day........, kind of.
probably would have felt even fuller had i ate my dinner.






: )

No comments: